We may be a relatively small charity but we do a big job. We deliver ABA services and provide help and information to families throughout the UK who rely on our support to release the potential of their child, or children, with autism.
Without our volunteers it would be virtually impossible to deliver these services to the standard we do now; their work is crucial to the charity’s survival and in return, we encourage and help our volunteers get the most out of their time at Child Autism UK.
Volunteers make a huge different at Child Autism UK, but you can enhance your life too:
- Use existing skills and gain new ones
- Keep busy and have fun doing varied work
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Discover new passions and opportunities away from your current job
- Take on a challenge that’s fulfilling and rewarding
- Feel good about making a positive difference
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, work experience or want to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by autism, please ring the office on 01344 882248 and ask us how you can help.
Volunteer by Helping in the Child Autism UK Office
Help in the office – whether you’re an admin whiz, a wordsmith, an IT specialist, a communications professional, a Facebook fanatic or just want to lend a hand, we could really do with your help with the day-to-day running of the charity.
We pride ourselves on releasing potential, so for your time and effort what can you expect from us? We will:
- Pay for any training you need for the work you do
- Help you build new skills and explain the role clearly before you start so you know exactly what’s involved
- Support and encourage you in the role and be there to answer any questions you may have
- Provide you with a reference
- Pay food and travel expenses
It’s important that volunteers get something out of their work. You might be interested in reading the experiences of a former volunteer at Child Autism UK: