The course is aimed at both experienced tutors and senior/lead tutors. It is highly recommended that all applicants have previously attended the Initial Tutor Training and have at least 1-2 years experience with a range of children. The aim of the course is to prepare tutors for taking on lead tutor responsibilities or to consolidate skills of those already in a lead tutor position.
The course includes the following topics:
- Overlapping effectively with newer tutors
- Organising and interpreting data
- Running Team Meetings
- Preparing data sheets and stimuli
- Preparing effectively for workshops
- Liaising with parents, team and case manager effectively